Har Gau

Instagram

Friday 5 December 2008

Interest rates down, coffee consumption up

The interest rate by the Bank of England is now 2%. That is also the proportion of water to coffee I have daily.

I'm not sure why I have that much coffee. If I had a choice, I'd be drinking Marmite (same colour and texture, just, caffeine-free and full of nutrients).

Just as a guide to how much coffee I have each day:

9am: Coffee from the Costa machine, with the decrease in VAT, it's now 3p cheaper than before making it £1.32. I press a button on the machine, put on the cover and pay. Drink coffee.
Sometimes, if interrupted, this coffee remains on the desk until about 10.30, at which point I have iced-coffee.

11am: One and a half hours before lunch, I have coffee from the coffee counter (machine is shut). Here, your coffee has fancy names. Americano? Latte? Cappuccino? Di Caprio? I ask for a skinny-sugar-free-caramel-cappuccino.

12.30pm: Lunch time. This might be a good time to have some water or juice, but the warmest drink to choose from is a coffee. Sometimes I have Assam Tea, which is much for much like English Breakfast Tea, but in another packaging.

3.30pm: Fancy some coffee, been a while. Find myself at the coffee counter again, same person at the till. This time I ask for a skinny-sugar-free-latte. Just for a change. Wonder what other combinations I can ask for. Wonder if they actually make whatever you ask for. Like, skinny-americano-latte.

Maybe I should have more water.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of visitors to this page