Har Gau

Instagram

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Leicester Square, all festive and sparkly

Leicester Square is where you go to get a caricature drawing of yourself. It’s also where you go to get a glimpse of celebrities when they arrive for premiers. However, during the festive pre-Christmas season, the street artists and celebrities are replaced by lots and lots of carnival rides.

In a way, it’s pretty much the same thing as before. You pay lots for something you’re not sure you’re gonna want.

Not too many words in this post, just let the pictures do the yakking.

DSC_2278

DSC_2279

This way to Covent Garden.

DSC_2280

This way to Trafalgar Square.

DSC_2349

While I was snapping away at some colourful ride, this one caught my attention. It must have been the brightest ride of all at the fair, and the most sparkly one.

DSC_2342

DSC_2343

DSC_2351

DSC_2348

DSC_2363

Is it me or does the monkey look like he is about to sock the bear.

Festive treats

DSC_2384

Before the stores began to sell Christmas-type food, I resolved not to buy any so that I won’t have to stuff myself silly before the actual occasion. This resolve ended when I bought my first panettone. After that, my new resolve was to buy as many panettones that I possibly could in a week, and eat them all before the expiry date.

DSC_2389

Panettone is an Italian Christmas cake, and its texture is something between bread, and cake. When microwaved, it becomes soft, and more bread-like compared to when it’s cold.

DSC_2399

Egg tart thrown in for some variety.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of visitors to this page