Har Gau

Instagram

Monday 12 September 2011

Itsu (nearest Tube Oxford St), 313 Regent Street, London W1B 2HP

I met a new friend recently (with new friends come new food), and we got to talking about what we have for lunch, dinner, etc. You know, fun stuff like that. I seem to talk (to myself) alot about food, so it's no wonder that I talk to my friends about it too.

Itsu, Oxford St
The Oxford St. / Regent St. outlet (not my usual)

It might be worth noting at this point that I have been having the same thing for lunch for the last 3 months.

Text Wraps around Image Text Wraps around Image
Monday: Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu
Tuesday: Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu
Wednesday: Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu
Thursday: Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu
Friday: Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu



And surprise, surprise. On Saturday, I took the husband to Itsu by Oxford St. to have ... Itsu Detox 7 Vegetables Noodle Potsu. He was allowed to go off the beaten path to have the Itsu Grilled Chicken Udon Potsu instead, just because he's allowed variety.

Itsu, Oxford St - Grilled Chicken Udon
The Grilled Chicken Udon Potsu

If you want the menu to find out what else they have to offer (weirdo), here it is (click
here).

Some people have asked me why I have the same thing everyday. Don't I get bored? Is there something wrong with me? While I answer 'no' to the first question, and then 'I don't know' to the second, I just find it immensely comforting to be able to have the same thing everyday. It's kinda like having to wear a uniform on a daily basis.

Doesn't require much creativity, or even contemplation. Sure I enjoy the privileges of dressing up and that, but sometimes, usually when it's cold or when I'm really tired, I'll throw on the first thing I find. It's almost like lunch - where I'll just eat the easiest thing I can find.

Itsu, Oxford St

Where I work, there's not a whole lot for me to be creative with. There's the usual Pret A Manger, M&S, Pod, Strada, and Gaucho (you gotta be kidding me if I'm gonna spend £35 on a piece of steak for lunch).

Why not try something else from Itsu, you might say. Why should I, I might say. Because I like the soup, I like the veg, and I like the glass noodles. Only 180 calories, too. And at £3.29, it's cheap enough to be eaten on a daily basis.

Those adventurous ones amongst you might be excited to know that they also do a very nice version of the frozen yoghurt (between £2-£4 depending on what toppings you ask for).

Itsu, Oxford St - Frozen yoghurt with fruit and caramel

This one here is the frozen yoghurt with mixed fruit topping, and hot caramel sauce instead of pomegranate (because that had gone off).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of visitors to this page